SERVPRO Visalia: A Certified Firm Benefiting Commercial Clients
SERVPRO of Visalia has been an IICRC (Institute of Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration Certification) certified firm for almost a decade. This is very important for our commercial clients because it means that we meet the highest standards available in the industry.
The IICRC sets the gold standards for the Cleaning and Remediation industry, of which SERVPRO of Visalia is an industry leader.
In order to achieve IICRC-certified status, firms must meet a rigorous list of standards in business ethics and expertise.
IICRC Certified Firms must:
• Present accurate information to consumers and conduct business with honesty and integrity.
• Require a technician on all jobs who has been formally trained and passed all required tests.
• Require a continuing education program to keep technicians up-to-date on the latest changes in the industry.
• Maintain liability insurance to protect all parties in the event of an accident.
• Maintain a written complaint policy and agree to Better Business Bureau or similar arbitration to resolve disputes, and accept the conclusions and recommendations of arbitration.
SERVPRO of Visalia is honored to be counted among the select organizations to receive this certification. We will continue to offer the same standard of excellence that you have come to expect. We can be reached at 559-635-4292 day or night!
Disaster Preparedness: Disinfecting Drinking Water
USE ONLY WATER THAT HAS BEEN PROPERLY DISINFECTED FOR DRINKING, COOKING, MAKING ANY PREPARED DRINK, OR FOR BRUSHING TEETH
1. Use bottled water that has not been exposed to any potentially contaminated waters if it is available.
2. If you don’t have bottled water, you should boil water to make it safe. Boiling water will kill most types of disease-causing organisms that may be present. If the water is cloudy, filter it through clean cloths or allow it to settle, and draw off the clear water for boiling. Boil the water for one minute, let it cool, and store it in clean containers with covers.
3. If you can’t boil water, you can disinfect it using household bleach. Bleach will kill some, but not all, types of disease-causing organisms that may be in the water. If the water is cloudy, filter it through clean cloths or allow it to settle, and draw off the clear water for disinfection. Add 1/8 teaspoon (or 8 drops) of regular, unscented, liquid household bleach for each gallon of water, stir it well and let it stand for 30 minutes before you use it. Store disinfected water in clean containers with covers.
4. If you have a well that has been flooded, the water should be tested and disinfected after flood waters recede. If you suspect that your well may be contaminated, contact your local or state health department or agriculture extension agent for specific advice.
If a Flood or Storm Hit SERVPRO of Visalia is Ready!
SERVPRO of Visalia specializes in storm and flood damage restoration. Our crews are highly trained and we use specialized equipment to restore your property to its pre-storm condition.
Since we are locally owned and operated, we are able to respond quicker with the right resources, which is extremely important. A fast response lessens the damage, limits further damage and reduces the restoration cost.
Resources or Handle Floods and Storms
If storms hit Visalia, we can scale our resources to handle a large storm or flooding disaster. We can access equipment and personnel from a network of 1,650 Franchises across the country and elite Disaster Recovery Teams that are strategically located throughout the United States.
Have Storm or Flood Damage? Call Us Today at 559-635-4292
It's the Water You Don't See
Even small water damages have the potential to cause serious structural and indoor air quality issues over time. The key to avoiding costly future restoration is to handle every water problem as a real threat to your property. SERVPRO of Visalia has the equipment, training and experience to find and dry unseen water before secondary damages occur. The proper equipment makes a measurable difference in reducing the damage expense during a fire or water loss. When time matters, technology and equipment must be counted on to perform. Your local SERVPRO of Visalia will answer your call with fast action and a full arsenal of drying equipment. From evasive & non-evasive moisture meters, air movers and dehumidifiers, too Ultra Low-Volume (ULV) Foggers that atomize liquid deodorizing agents, producing a fine mist that can easily penetrate the site where odor-causing residues may accumulate. This device can also be used to inject fungicides and disinfectants into wall cavities and other hard-to-reach areas.
Types of Flooring SERVPRO of Visalia Encounters During Water Damages
SERVPRO of Visalia encounters many types of flooring when servicing water damage losses. There are many variables that determine if the flooring can be saved and this varies from one type of flooring to the next.
The first factor in determining if SERVPRO can save your floor is if the water source is clean water or contaminated, and in what way it may be contaminated. Any water that is contaminated such as water from a drain back up, flooding or water damage that has sat for over three days is considered black water. In all black water scenarios the flooring is unsalvageable and would be removed and disposed of.
If the water is clean and the incident has happened in the last several days, these are the determining factors in saving your floor:
- Carpet – SERVPRO would extract the water and remove all of the wet pad. Dehumidifiers and air movers would be placed and monitored until the drying is complete. The pad would then be replaced, and the carpet would be re-installed and cleaned.
- Laminate Flooring – When water gets under laminate flooring, it will need removed and replaced with new flooring.
- Wood Floors – SERPVRO uses floor drying mats that can be successful in drying wood floors. The amount of water and the type of wood flooring is an important factor on saving a wood floor.
- Ceramic Tile – The determining factor for saving ceramic tile floors is what is under the floor. If the tile floor is laid over vinyl the floor cannot be saved.
Call SERVPRO of Visalia at (559)635-4292 and we can assist you with your water loss and determine if your flooring can be saved.
What to Do After a Fire
- Ask whether it is safe to enter the home. Do not enter if the fire authorities deem it unsafe. They may establish a safety zone, but never assume a room is safe, until it has been cleared to enter.
- Know who to call.
- Contact family members and let them know you are safe, and unharmed.
- Contact your insurance agent. They will be able to talk you through the necessary steps, including proper documentation and emergency lodging and living expenses (keep all of your receipts.) The insurance company may assist in securing a company to help with clean up options.
- You may request a restoration company at this time for contents cleaning etc. Contact SERVPRO of Visalia.
- Another call may be to your landlord if applicable, and to your local American Red Cross.
- Secure the property to prevent possible looting. SERVPRO is available to assist with securing property/ Board Ups.
- If water hoses were used to exterminate the fire, drying your home is critical. It is best to call the professionals at SERVPRO to do water/ fire cleanups. Water can lead to mold damage if not dried properly. SERVPRO is an approved restoration contractor for many major insurance carriers and adheres to the highest standards in the restoration industry.
- Seek counseling if needed. Children and adults can feel a traumatic sense of loss, and may need help to avoid a lasting sense of sadness and disorientation after a house fire. Don’t be afraid to reach out for help. A house fire is a traumatic event and individuals need to be treated with respect and compassion by those close to the process of rebuilding.
For more information on contents and structural drying, extinguisher residue and soot removal call SERVPRO at (559) 635-4292.
The Correct Equipment for a Fire Damage
We believe at SERVPRO of Visalia that the right tools for the job is vital to timely mitigation and restoration, but perhaps more important, SERVPRO of Visalia fire damage professionals are thoroughly trained in fire cleanup and restoration. For instance, knowing the different types of smoke and their behavior patterns are vital to proper restoration.
- Wet Smoke – Plastics and Synthetics; Low heat, smoldering, pungent odor, sticky, smeary.
- Dry Smoke – Paper and Wood; Fast burning, high temperatures, dry, powdery, no smeary residues.
- Protein – Virtually invisible, discolors paints and varnishes, extreme pungent odor.
- Fuel Oil Soot – Furnace Puff Backs.
- Other Types – Tear gas, fingerprint powder and fire extinguisher residue.
Ultra-Low Volume (ULV) Foggers will atomize liquid deodorizing agents, producing a fine mist that easily penetrates sites where odor-causing residues accumulate. The device can also be used to apply fungicides and disinfectants.
Thermal Foggers dispense solvent-based products in large volume, dense fogs suitable for confined areas. The fog consists of tiny particles of deodorant solution that pair with and neutralize odor-causing particles.
SERVPRO of Visalia Technicians Have Safety in Mind After Water Damage in Your Home
Sometimes, a Visalia water damage case may prove so severe as to warrant a quarantine or exclusion zone within your home. While we do not make these calls lightly, SERVPRO has to institute such safety precautions for some situations to protect both you and your home while we conduct restorations. While our technicians are typically more than able to explain the full reasoning behind such precautions, it might pay off to know what situations can commonly lead to this decision.
SERVPRO of Visalia is trained and equipped to deal with water damage of any variety. Call us at the first sign of trouble at (559)635-4292.
Water Intrusion and When to call SERVPRO
As a leader in the cleaning and restoration industry, we strive to meet or exceed the expectations of every customer, client, and business that is involved with water damaged property. Every property, every project, every customer deserves excellence.
Water intrusion in a home or business is always a traumatic event. Effectively restoring a water-damaged property is such a valuable service to any homeowner or business owner. This type of disruption creates stress and uncertainty for many individuals and can be very costly.
This is when you call us at SERVPRO of Visalia to provide guidance and assistance to ensure the best decisions are made through these difficult times.
Water intrusion can cause severe damages to both your structure and contents.
Properly mitigating, drying, and restoring a water-damaged structure requires training, expertise, and specialized equipment. With hands-on experience and coaching in the field, we are the best in the industry.
The goal of emergency actions is to protect your structure and contents from further damage, establish a safe environment, extract water, demo unrestorable materials, and create the conditions for drying the structure and contents effectively. This typically involves calculating and positioning air movers and dehumidifiers within the affected area.
Once the equipment is placed, we monitor the drying process and make sure it is working properly. Monitoring services continue until the structure and contents are dry as we evaluate, update monitoring logs, and make adjustments as needed.
Commercial Post Construction Clean-up
Whether you are building a new commercial structure from the ground up, or simply taking on a long overdue renovation project, it is a big job! The entire construction process can be lengthy, stressful and messy! After the job is complete you may be left with an even bigger mess to cleanup before you get your business up and running. Let SERVPRO of Visalia take care of that headache for you. Our full line of specialized cleaning services includes post-construction cleaning. You wouldn’t hire a car mechanic to repair an airplane, so why hire a maid service to tackle the big stuff? You need a specialist with the staff, equipment and techniques to handle a large job. Our highly trained team members will clean every inch of your newly finished project and make it shine for your opening day. Call us today at 559-635-4292 for more information.